Post Grad Medical Education
In 2014, in partnership with Greenslopes Private Hospital, UnitingCare Health will be providing training opportunities for recently graduated medical students. The Wesley Hospital and St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital offer internships with the following rotations:
- general medicine
- palliative care
- infectious diseases
- rehabilitation medicine
Registrar programs (fellowships)
Registrar programs across UnitingCare Health enable the development of core competencies and extensive expertise relevant to the area of practice.
Buderim Private Hospital offers a Psychiatry Registrar position. The Wesley Hospital also offer a number of positions in their Intensive Care Unit, Coronary Care Unit, attending in Codes and in the Medical Emergency Response Team.
The Wesley Hospital offers accredited registrar training positions in the following programs:
- Palliative Care Advanced Training
- Intensive Care (12 month modules in General, Neurosurgical and Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care)
- Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship
- Orthopaedic Spinal Surgery Fellowship
- Orthopaedic Oncology Surgery Fellowship
- Breast and/or Endocrine Surgery Fellowship