Located on St Andrews War Memorial Hospital Campus
St Andrew's War Memorial Hospital warmly welcomes Dr Jennifer Liang as a new Visiting Medical Practitioner.
Dr Liang is a skilled general and colorectal surgeon. She completed her fellowship in 2015 with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. She was successful in the acquisition of a subspecialist training position with CSSANZ (Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand) where she spent a year at the eminent Cleveland Clinic Ohio USA, followed by Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Sydney and Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Jennifer has experience in treating a range of disease states and health disorders including:
- benign anorectal conditions (perianal sepsis/abscess, anal fissure, anal fistula and haemorrhoids)
- laparoscopic and open surgeries for inflammatory bowel diseases (UC, Crohn’s)
- rectal cancer surgeries
- pelvic floors disorders (faecal incontinence, slow transit constipation)
- surgery for hereditary bowel cancers (HNPCC, FAP)
- re-operative surgery for J-pouch; and
- enterocutaneous fistulae and recurrent rectal cancers.
She is also a general surgeon and has been accredited to perform both upper and lower endoscopies by the College of Physicians.
Dr Liang continues to work publicly at the Royal Brisbane Women’s and Caboolture Hospitals and is actively engaged with clinical research. She has a PHD in General Surgery awarded by Auckland University for her laboratory research at Cleveland Clinic Ohio.
Jennifer is well regarded for exceptional patient care and is sensitive to cultural needs. She has a pleasant bedside manner, communicates clearly and is dedicated to excellent patient care.
She is also fluent in English and Mandarin (中文).