The G20 Leaders Summit is being held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (BCEC), Southbank on 15 and 16 November 2014.
A public holiday (restricted to the Brisbane Local Government Area i.e. the same as the RNA Show Holiday) has been declared for Friday 14 November.
Movement throughout the declared area for residents and members of the community will be unrestricted unless motorcades are travelling on roads. Restricted areas will be clearly delineated and there is likely to be a level of disruption to public transport.
The impact on public transport is likely to be as follows:
- Changes to public transport timetabling in the Brisbane CBD and South Bank should be expected.
- The re-routing of services and the early termination of services may cause delays and people should allow extra time for their proposed journey.
- Trains will not stop at South Brisbane Train Station from 10 November and will not travel through South Brisbane Station on 14, 15 and 16 November.
- Buses will run as normal up until end of peak hour on Thursday evening along the busway under the BCEC, however they will not travel along the busway under the BCEC on 14, 15 and 16 November.
- Changes to public transport routes and timetables will be communicated by Translink and State Government prior to the event.
There are no specific safety or security concerns for the Hospital during G20 and it will be business as usual.
Patients and Visitors travelling to and from the Hospital may be impacted by road closures, particularly delays associated with motorcades and disruption of public transport routes. We therefore encourage you to plan your travel by checking the Translink website for timetable changes, and make allowances during this period for potential delays and re-routing of vehicle traffic.
The Queensland Police Service (QPS) will be communicating key messages in the lead up to and during the G20 Leaders Summit as follows:
Any updates or changes that may impact on hospital scheduling will be advised to you, however, we are not anticipating any at this stage.