If you’re worried, we’re worried
Let us know is an escalation process to immediately address concerns about a patient’s condition. You may be the first to detect these changes, before it is obvious to your healthcare team. Let us know is the equivalent to Ryan's Rule as used by Queensland Health.
TALK to your nurse or doctor who will listen to your concerns
- If you aren’t satisfied with the response, move to Step 2.
TALK to the nurse in charge
- If you aren’t satisfied with the response, move to Step 3.
CALL 1800 960 388
- Activate Let us know by telephoning 1800 960 388.
- Tell them you are activating Let us know and give your name, ward, bed number and doctor’s name.
- A senior clinician will be with you within 15 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should let us know be used?
The Let us know phone number should be used if you notice worrying changes like:
- Shortness of breath.
- Increased pain.
- Not quite right in ways that are hard to explain.
You may be the first to detect these changes, before it is obvious to your healthcare team.
How do I use Let us know?
The 1800 960 388 number to activate Let us know can be made from your bedside telephone or personal mobile.
Who answers the phone and what do I say?
A specially trained senior team member will answer the phone.
- Tell them you are activating Let us know.
- Give them the patient’s name, ward, bed number and doctor’s name.
What happens after the call is made?
Specially trained staff will be at your bedside within 15 minutes. After listening to your concerns, the clinician will do an examination and speak to your treating team. They will update you on the outcome of these conversations. They may confirm that your treatment is on track or advise that a different plan for treatment is required.
The Let us now team will do all they can to keep you informed and make you as comfortable as possible.